supercritical auto's

lamsbread

Hey Lams!

Seems a nice space you have there,! :D

Your plants are very pretty!

Make sure you raise the EC of the feeding solutions, they are showing signs of under-feed,

make sure you raise it before you start having un iron deficiency, also give them some epsom salts along with the water, I think you are having a magnesium def too, you can see it in the starting interveinal esclorosis, resulting from constant under-feed I guess.

Wen plants start using and asking for more PK they also use much magnesium and iron, thats what is happening with yours, nothing serious :D

What ec and nutrients are you feeding them?

They will blow your mind if you dont raise it too much, just a bit will give them a nice boost!

Raise it 0.1 each time until the new growing shoots have the same shade of green of the rest of the leaves, istead of a ligher green where the new growing shoots are.

Happy harvest,

Take care

Hi Rome , i have not fed my girls from the start as i did not know how much fertilizer had been added to the potting soil i bought. I thought i would leave it a couple of weeks.

I noticed the leaves changing a couple of days ago, so i started giving them bloom fertilizer.

I am using Biobizz organic fertilizer, On the bottle it advises 2ml-4ml a liter. I have feed twice now using 2ml per liter, i will on the next feed give 4ml. As soon as the nitrogen def has been corrected, I will switch to Bloom fert.

I haven't used Epson salts before , how much do i use ?

lets say in a liter of water?

I have aTDS meter and a PH meter but not a EC meter, so not sure what the equivilent of 0.1 EC is?

Hopefully they will spring back with a good feed.

I tend to err on the side of caution, i don't want to over fertilze, next time i think I will buy a bag of " All mix"(Biobizz) compost.

Thanx for you comments and advice, very helpful and constructive.:)

Hi Toaor

When i read the the seed packet, when it said plants grow up to 120cm, i thought thats was a little highrer than i wanted. Ithought the solution to this would be to scrog them.

I have kept the lights as close as possible often only 1 cm away,sometimes even touching when they have given a spurt of growth.

I have been using 3 x 36w daylight (65,000 K) umbrella cfl's in a home made reflector. I am not sure wether it is due to plenty of light or the gentics of the two seeds i planted but i am very happy they are on the short side.

more photos to come , only just got the camera yesterday, maybe i even do a vid, mot uploaded to youtube before but how hard can it be.

Peace to the highest

Lamsbread

Hey Lamsbread, they really are nice considering you're only using 3 x 36watt CFLs, think I might have to give the Super Criticals another go under my LEDs, I only grw the last lot in greenhouse and they were totally different to your plants.

All the best mate,

Toaor

new light is in the cab.

it is a 70WHPS with 4 x 20W warm white (2700k) cfl's = 150W in total.

I have given them a good feed with biobizz bloom and any slight yellowing has disapeared.

I forgot to buy Epsom salts but will buy on monday and give them a drink.

The girls are approximately 29 days old and are starting to spit hairs quite nicely.

In the latest pictures , the plants look quite yellow with the new light, due to the change in spectrum .

Next feed will be biobizz bloom.

Light now on 18/6 (light/dark)

Until next time , walk tall, hold your head up high and don't let the buggers get you down.

Peace to the highest and much love

Lamsbread

OK folks i have now given photos tiles.

Hey JEFF thanks for droppin by and thanks for you comments.

Hey Toaor, I have kept the lights as close as i dare, sometimes almost touching the plants.I guess this is why they have stayed small. I fimmed them @ the 6th internode a day before the first pistils. I would love to see them grow under a LED panel. If i can afford it , these girls might end up finishing under LED.

Hey Shiva thanks for your kind words. I will be sure to have fun growing them and even more fun smoking them .:)

Hey Franco, thanks for you comments. In the future i plan on having better lights but for now i have to make do with what i got. Your supercrit looked very nice, would like to hear a smoke report. I will be sure to keep you posted.:)

Peace to the highest and much love lamsbread

New light seems to doing the trick, the plants are stretching now they are in flower.

Any slight deficiencies that were starting to show have been dealt with by giving them a good feed of veg fetilizer. I also have given them a drink of Epsome salts, which should keep them magged up for a while. I have now switched to bloom fertilizer now the nitrogen deficieny is gone.

Now that the girls are getting taller, i have decided to put in a screen and will scrog them.

The following pictures show the girls out of the cab a few days ago and the rest were photographed today.

supercrit%20010l.jpgsupercrit%20011l.jpgsupercrit1%20001f.jpgsupercrit1%20003f.jpgsupercrit1%20004f.jpgsupercrit1%20006f.jpgsupercrit1%20008f.jpgsupercrit1%20009f.jpgsupercrit1%20011f.jpgsupercrit1%20012f.jpgsupercrit1%20013f.jpgsupercrit1%20014f.jpgsupercrit1%20018f.jpgsupercrit1%20021f.jpgsupercrit1%20022f.jpgsupercrit1%20027f.jpgsupercrit1%20028f.jpgsupercrit1%20030f.jpgsupercrit1%20031f.jpg

The scrog net is plastic trellis comes on a roll 50 cm & 1m wide rolls.

sturdy stuff , wont be pushed around by plants.

The size of the net is 5cm x 5cm (2" x2").

I have taken some more pics, this time i tried close up.Some of the pic a little out of focus, still trying to get used to new camera.

supercrit%231%20004z.jpgsupercrit%231%20004z_0.jpgsupercrit%231%20006z.jpgsupercrit%231%20008z.jpgsupercrit%231%20011z.jpgsupercrit%231%20012z.jpgsupercrit%231%20017z.jpgsupercrit%231%20019z.jpgsupercrit%231%20019z_0.jpgsupercrit%231%20022z.jpgsupercrit%231%20023z.jpgsupercrit%231%20024z.jpgsupercrit%231%20001z.jpg

The last one is for you Tokage, no trimming under here yet.

Hey Budd-y , thanx for stopping by.

The girls are still growing, they are now 40 days old from seed, they started flowering on day 21.

Which means they been flowering for 19 days.

I have been told that supercritical is a good heavy smoke, these are the auto version.

Not sure what kind of weight to expect, anything over 2oz and i will be happy.

My grow space is 45cm x 45cm.

I started veg with 3 x 36 daylight cfl's. In flower i swapped to 1 x 70W HPS and 4 x 20W warm white cfl's and today i added 2 more 20W warm white CFL's under scrog screen. Total of 190W are now being used.I expect to be flowering for at least another 30 -35 days.

Hey Tokage:) Good to hear weight is coming:D

As yet i haven't spoken to flower for the (john) about molasses.

Either i will talk to him if i see him online, alternatively i will do a web search to find the info.

If any one has good advice about molasses please let me know.

As always - Peace to the highest and much love

Lamsbread

Hey dust, thanx dude smiley

i have a small grow space and the seed pack said they can get to 120cm (4ft) tall.

so i wanted to find ways to keep them smaller, I have kept the light as close as possible, used smaller pots and put in the screen to tame them.

They are not getting as big as i thought they might getbut we shall see if they stick on some height.

Peace to the highest

Lamsbread

Hey Jay :D Thanx man,

A 120W panel would be nice, got to save some dough for that lol. Ihope that my next grow will be LED. I just put another 20W in today so up to 210W now, so a LED would save some pennies on the electric bill.

Hey natas, thanx for your comment:) sorry i didn't reply earlier, just accidentially scroll past.

Peace to the highest

Lamsbread