Super Critical, Big Bang, Hydro grow-video (bloom time)

lovegun

Allright now folks let me introduce to you my doomed girls!

(I do sincerely recomend you to lit up on your favorite stash during this reading, Im serious, dont know if you undestand everything if you dont do it, 'cuz I was heavily medicated when I wrote this and I read alot of Dr H S. Thompson so I tend do blur away as him. Im also medicated 24/7 so expect a lot of jibberish and broken english. And please bare in mind to laugh a lot with me and at me. Let's have some fun yo!)

Here we go

http://www.growhd.tv/video/Super-Critical%252C-Big-Bang-in-Hydro-week-7/de0faf03d1d1e29277117633fea3530d

Five Big Bang femenized and five Super Critical femenized from GHS and two Fast Nevilles femenized from Female seeds are my genes for this session.

It is my second hydro grow and I will probably never grow in soil indoors any more, Growing never been more easy!

(I shouldn't say more easy maybe, I had pythium this grow that almost killed them all, but I've been face to face with Satan, that god forsaken rot, I threw on it; rage, more then all nuke bombs in the world detonating at the same time in Bushes bush and it vanished. Now I tell my self once rot, never rot again, so I'm glad it happened sooner then later :rolleyes: )

I run:

• 100x110x220 grow box in a walk-in closet
  • 220 L of nutrition solution in one 150L reservoir and 2x 35L bubbler
  • Circulation pump on 1600-2000L/h which top feeds the system with dripper irrigation (running it 24/7, dont now if I should, do you have a good idea about this please let me know asap)
  • Airpump 70L/h 35w supplying six flat 25cm long airstones
  • 850w MH/HPS 600w electric ballast + 250w magnetic ballast
  • x2 Coll tubes
  • 400m3 exhaust vent built in a home build soft box 450m3 carbon filter
  • x2 circulation fans
  • Wrinkled and badly hanged mylar
  • 3" net pots, seeded in a small amount rockwool flakes then filled out the pots with clay pebbles
  • GHE; Bio Filtre, Sub Culture, Flora 3-part(micro nutes for soft water), Root Booster, Diamond Nectar, Mineral Magic which I sterilized my self and i maybe use Ripen
  • Canadian Xpress; Wilt Guard, Regen-A-Root, Superior Potash (pk 9/18) and Headmasta
  • As PH- I use Phosphoric Acid 75%
  • MgSO4 1.2g/L (magnesium sulphate)
  • Ph (essential) and EC (eutech) pens

Short resumé (starting this journal in week 7 bloom)

Vegitating, from the cradle

I started out with 12 feminized beans, 5 Super Critical, 5 Big Bud and 2 Fast Nevilles. I germinated them in a golf-ball sized rockwool ball made of rockwool flakes in a small greenhouse and Introduced them in the system as soon as the first roots showed. Using GHE nute scheme as a pin pointer.. They all came up good after maby three four days, cant recall.. :P

At first week I only ran root boster and light 24/0 really good growth, roots are exploding BB is most eager to grow. Second week i raised the ec to .2 and waited for deficiency symptoms to appeare and lights on 18/6, BB and SC is even steven, FN a bit smaller and not as big roots.

Day 20 (3rd week) symptoms showing by fainting green and reddish patioles, four internodes on 3/5 SC three almost four on one BB rest is three internodes, waterchange + flush in ph regulated water for 8h, raised ec to .4 and It was a bit to strong the first two days but then folks we had some massive growth(!!) almost double size in 9 days.

Day 29 showing some deficiency, water change+ flush in ph regulated water for 8h raised ec to .7, seven internodes aiming for nine.

Temprature during veg 24-26 degrees celsius and the relative humidity stable on 65%, reservoir temp 19-20 degrees celsius Ph starts at 5.2 buffering up to 5.5-5.6, same in bloom. System look-over and gets cleaned.

Day 33 (1) bloom time, boomshackalack!

Super critical overall most vigorous (biggest leaf ~24 cm tip to tip) 9 internodes, BB taller then SC but one FN is most stretched, BB 8 internodes, FN 10. Good root development on SC accept for one which is half the size compared to the other SC, FN and BB seems to have perfect roots (a bit brownish roots on all, I thought it was the GHE micro colouring the roots at the begining, later on i discovered that it was some sort of pythium, rot or damping off),

Water change + flush ph reg. water 8h ec 1.0, seemes like they geting use to the new nute mix and light change (12/12) minimum growth for two days. Day 2 (35) starting growth again. Day 4, 3 of SC and BB showing sex, showing lack of green and starting to faint from the bottom, checking ec .8 so I top up with water and nutes to 1.0 also checking the system for failure, all running good (starting to go bananas on the n-p-k math, not so hard in your world maybe baby, but me and math are like sticky-icky and customes K9, starting to get a hang of it..) Day 6 all female :wub: .

Day 7, wilting is a fact especially on one FH and on 4 SC and all five BB's. Changing water, a bit more residues in the water then Im used to, Mineral Magic creates alot of "foggy" water, flushed ph'd water 12h this time (maby salt building up I thought for a while) starting with half the ec .5 for three days, but now its deficency and wilting at the same time so I pump the nutes to 1.1 and starting with 1.2g/MgSO4, good budspotting from GHS, BB is turning it's leafs one FN isn't building budspots, small roots most brownish, shes has very sativish leaf structure so I forgive her.

Day 12 a slight improvement in the tops but still wilting downwards, no up buffering this week from nutes was a slight drop to 5.2 from 5.4, water change, flush ph'd 8h, ec 1.1 aiming for 1.2-1.3 by toping up during the week, Starting to pop some buds.

Day 17 SMELLY very weedy but some strange hint of a bad smell, wicked phenos I thought, ph dropped to 5.0.

Day 19, like a lightning from a blue sky it hits me, ROT!

The stank almost makes me puke. Hooked up some info from the beloved internet and hurrys down to my hydro supplier, he gives me the infantry. Dunking roots in 3% h2o2 30 sec, runing regular house hold chlorin @ 20ml/50L for 24h thrue the system with plants in, flush x3 maby more times, installing Bio Filtre and add Wilt Guard and Regen-A-Root, ec 1.0 looking terrible after my cure.

Day 22, one SC and one BB arent gonna make it Im sure of, three SC and four BB and one FN doesnt look great either, one SC is recovering very well and one FN is looking pretty good too. Hope had found my head.

Day 29, water change, flush ph'd 12h, ec 1.1 rinsing the bubblers and irrigation system, roots still looks terrible and no sign of new only the bigger SC has some new sprouts, same status as day 22 almost no growth upwards only tiny growth on buds.

Day 34, two SC and one BB is removed.. :( the rest starts to grow.

Day 39, Water change, flush ph'd water 8h, ec 1.3, they seem to thrive, good growth on one SC and one FN, new roots start to show on 3 SC and one FN but BB standing still yet. (Dont have the guts for higher ec yet)

Day 42, BB doesnt like the situation, still standing still and shes twisting badly..

Day 49, Good things are happening, trichs all over, the SC is taking off, BB looks like shes gonna make it to harvest and one FN is taking the head lead, new roots on all.

Day 52, Water change, flush ph'd 8h, ec1.7 introduce Superior Potash with pk 9/18 (felt i needed some new roots for this dynamite), BB is growing well and shes smells most and she smells very very very very very very fruityn kushy.

Day 54, Woppi wiihaa I love to grow hemp!

Day 55, Booom boom said one SC and took off, shes huuuuge you'll notice her on the vid, she's in the lead now folks with a big margin, one FN looks good to but shes shows lack of Cal, BB is budding really nice with focus on the main cola still one is twisted but she smells best of them all, while SC and FN doesnt seem to know wheres ones main cola is ^_^ they are spreading the energy really well all over the plant. I got one very fruity pheno of SC and the rest of SC has a typical indica musky scentense with some creamy caramell and leather somewhere in the smell, BB is goin' more fruity then kushy, and FN is peppery pepper all over.

Day 57, SC is ripening more than any other hemp plant I ever have grown! (Dude Im happy, this is my 14th indoor grow!!! Even though the rot, Sugar Magnolia a song by Grateful Dead would I like to dedicate to Green House Seed Company, 'cuz of them Im a grateful grower)

Day 59, one of the FN sativish pheno is budding up real nice, its going to be a awsome main cola in about five to six weeks though... Shes probably gonna be given GHE ripen after I harvest the others and get a chance to finish in somehow. BB is most white.

Day 63, making of my first grow video ^_^ , ec droped to 1.5, water change, flush ph'd water 8h, ec 2.0 (jiiihaa, finaly some weight lifting!) Drinks more water than ever, cant really measure it though.

Day 64, to publish my first grow journal and reflecting over why Im going public. And why?

I'm sick and tired of hiding and being paranoid (security is noneless very important, still) and missing out half the fun of growing hemp, I am a giver, an opressed grower tired of being seen as a second class citizen. Worth to mention also is this forum, never seen such a positive vibes any where even though Im a member since years back on several growing forums and never felt the aspiration to post a journal,'cuz of a lot "attitudes", until now after five month anonumous reading in here. Why I started filming I credit Big Bang and GrowHD.tv to 100%, I love that concept and BB is true medicin for me (took some good samples of her that was in the shade and dried it up for a week only and it kicked like a horse all over, maby 10% milky thrics rest was clear)

(Lit up again I advice you too do, loads of reading left, my loved)

(Jibberish section, wich i probably will add more stuff to)

My goal in this grow is to supply me self and patients with some medication during this spring. I aimed for quality products and large yeilds, that's why I chose SC and BB, the Haze is for what haze is for- smiling!

I thought it would work out with three strains in my hydro if they only had relative same finishing time... BIG MISTAKE, what a dumb mistake... I did reconsider to abort the grow but they seemed to thrive in veg, but then it all made sense, none of them liked what the other liked in ph, ec, temp etc, I have tried to find a middle way but none have worked, stubborn little ones.. The winner is Super Critical, she was the most vigorous when bloom time came. But the tres senoritas is still in the grow.

Then the rot came to town, sneaking up on me in the alley, lurking in the stair case, to suddenly appear in my grow space. My grow space of all the space in the world, why me..? (Bad karma I believe had strucked me back, so make sure peeps when you start a grow, to always have plus on your karma account, make an karma account withdrawal @ nearest guru)

Well, I did the mistake to not disinfect my Ph and EC meter after lending it out to a fellow grower who is trying out some organic hydro and thats probably why some nasty kind of Pythium came into my rez. Totaly my fault dude! In my first hydro I never had a major problem so I thought it would work out fine this session to, but man I was wrong.

Today at our (my fellow grower) daily morning walk with our feared and loathed pitbulls he told me he had bad concious for maby infected my session, so after breakfast he came by my spot and gave me two very good looking and different phenos Pot of Gold from Seriouse Seeds, one showing to be a good good looking female and the other I hoping to be a male so darn bushy and damnd vigorouse, would love to see their offspring. Had already shot the video when he came with them so I hook you up with some pics on them beauty's till next shooting. I will update with a video shot atleast once a week. (I belive the consious came during one of our heavy mokng sessions, when I started to cry becouse I might loose the girls and I havent cried for long time, one should do it more often, I think it's good for the "soul". It made go ridiculously harsh on the infection. He is to good for man kind to have a bad consious for such a minor petite thing.)

What I believe happend with the rot is this:

In second or third maybe even in first and fourth week the roots stop developing, and some dies, the dead mass got stuck in the rez. (to much roots in too little space) and the the pyth had something to feed on and thrive in. I probably introduced the pathogen by using infected tools such as shared Ph and Ec meters. I first noticed some browning on the roots, but my GHE flora micro is colouring the roots a bit so I was never prepared on a rot, then the leafs starting from the bottom to hang and yellowing out from the leaf shaft (petiole? where the leafs meet..), then came a sudden ph drop and the ugly smell (cant describe the smell other than BAD SMELL). I now realized the rot. I dunked the roots in 3% h2o2 for around 30 seconds and slapped them with love so the deadest root material would fall off. Man it was hard times I can ensure. Then I added 20ml/50L and ran the system for 24h, and it was not good looking.. Maby this was overkill? Then flushed them with ph'd water for 24h, changed water a numerous times, then medicate and meditate alot, hang on your local hydro suppliers door at opening hours and hurry home for installing the first aid kit.

Bio Filtre from GHE with their Bio Culture- good microbes kicking bad microbes ass was my saviour. (I know Franco have mentioned the importance of good bugs thriving in the rez. which I of course read after the attack) My hydro store thought that I would complement with Canadian Xpress's Regen-a-root and Wilt Guard, which seems to do the job just fine. I see some new roots developing and the growth is good, not 100% though as you will see in the videos and pics.

Time to stop the writing I see, sorry for the heavy text but didn't I mention some about firing some favourite woods in the beginning, hahahaha blessed be you all!

I hope you can understand the big picture and please feel free to comment, ask, teach, get educated and share the common love to hemp in this thread as long as you are prepared on some laughs!

Let's get dirty!

(I will correct the journal as time passes and still pictures will be added..)

• Like 4

Thank you guys for your time!! :D

I must say that the Crit is one of the most strongest set of genes I ever had the pleasure to grow, I'm getting more and more indications on breeding this larger Crit of mine, I do have some clones out at some friends grow spots that finished veg a week a go. I am a little short on good pollen though, I got some old pollen from a BOG Lifesaver (which is the best wizzle I have grown indoors) I believe it is too old, four years in the freezer and have been moved around in between different freezers and defrosted one to many times :P Well see about that..

But she's for sure gonna be bred sometime in the future.

I will post pictures of the early bloom stage and forward on today so you fellas can get to know my girls a little better :)

Blessed be!

Beautiful looking ladies thanks for sharing your video. :D

I know what you mean about showing your plants online, at first I was a little wary but i have not had any problems in doning so.

Sorry to hear about you root rot,sounds like you took good advice and quick action to remedy the situation.

It looks like you have a good understanding of plant husbandry and have learned from this grow such as saitva dom plants and indica dom plants don't nescessarily like the same feeding program.

Hygene is all important when it comes to growing,if someone gives you anything or you lend anything dissinfect and clean thoroughly.

Part of the probelm when it comes to your roots is as you said too many roots in to small a space.

When roots are jammed in close together in a confined space,where oxygen can not get to the roots it creates an anaerobic conditionthis which will cause strees to the plant.

In these conditions the plants root will produce ethylene to slow degradation of the root system.

Ethylene is often taken as a sign of weakness by pathenogens which can cause them to attack the roots.

In a well oxgenated conditions with healthy roots which have plenty of space, the pythium is less likely be problem.

Pythium is often refered to as a secondary infection as it will attack already damaged roots especially in stessed or weakend plants, which are in an oxygen depleted situation.

Good luck with your pollen, 6 months is often seen as a rule of thumb when it comes optimum viability of pollen when freezing it.

This is not to say longer periods will not work, just that the percentage of it being viable, will be reduced the longer it is left.

Give it a go, i will be interested in the results.

I have grown Supercritical automatic, i really enjoyed it and it looks like Supercritical is deffinately becoming a popular strain.

As for Bog strains, I have always been impressed in results from other growers,there always seems to be grean resin production.

I haven't grow any Bog strains but they are deffinately on my list of future grows, maybe bogglegum or lifesaver.

I tip my hat to Bushy Old Grower.

Excellent description/list of you growspace always good to know exactly what is used,it gives a clear picture to other readers of what you got going on.

I noticed you mentioned your wrinkled poorly hung mylar, lol.

If you replace your mylar in the near future i would recommend plastic backed dimond mylar, it does not winkle like ordinary mylar and the diamond embossed patern helps stops hot spots.

Awesome Grow report! Very descriptive, with some nice vocabilary and showed how you dealt with problems and what you learned from the expirience. It will prove useful no doubt to others reading it.

I was gonning to reply last night but my eyes were tired and what with such an epic post, i was unable to focus properly.

As for having a laugh i am always up for that, as for talking jibberish that is cool too, though in the above post you spoke with great clarity and alacrity.

All the best with your crop and the medicine it will provide.You have some good looking buds coming on.

Thank you for sharing and look forward to more posts and pictures.

I would encourage you to look at this - Root-parasitic fungi: How to control Pythium in hydroponics? -

http://www.eurohydro.com/pdf/articles/gb_pythium.pdf it is a very interesting read :)

Peace

Lams

Very complete and detailed report, must have taken some time to write it thanks for that ^^

dispise your problems, you seem to have lead your plant to a nice result ;)

I hope you will have good smoke man

Jimmy- Thanks alot dude, I hope I could get more active on the forum from now and get some fizzle to dizzle and learn and get learned :D

My job and life is cultivating and have been serious for the last ten years or so. Im aiming to be the best. For me to be able to sleep well at night (beside to be kushed out) I have to know that my plants are having the best time and Im blessed that my non-smokable and non-medicating girlfriend have the courage to encourage me to continue on my work to be the best cultivator around (and I do have a looong looong way left, if its ever possible, hahaha) and not turn on a babylonian career path, her support and yours are gold for me and my patients storys make me to continue on this path and advance in every grow.

Man, I cant or wont stop grow nor medicate and Im looking to emigrate from here 'till its's been de-criminalized and return with the best genes around. (hahaha how's that for grandiose plans ;) )

Lamsbread- Serious dude, I love that nerd talk!! That's how to educate peeps and that is what Im trying to do, I learned out of internet and I feel that I owe it to internet and up-coming growers, and when I started out growing info werent that crazy on-line as it is today so I have alot of info-sharing unwritten.. :D

I LOVE WEED!!

Dear Dust, thank you very much, I treasure your words alot!

It took me a whole saturday, hahahahaha. Medication makes me complete ..and if people had proper medicin this is what reports would look like for sure ;)

As I mentioned above, under my watch they have to thrive in order for me sleep and function well, failing cant be an option for me :D (I cant Imagine how my nerves would have been if they gone under to early, hehehehe)

Time for some pics. Video is on hold for a couple of days, cam is on service.. I am in day 71 pics reach to day 66.

Blessed be!

• Like 3

Man those buds are looking very good, you can see how they exploded from everywhere, you are not as far as you think from beeing a good grower ;)

Keep us updated have a good day

• Like 1

Dank u wel maar vrienden!

Thank you very much my friends!

:P

How's that gallery looking in this thread for you guys?

For me it doesnt look good, picture over text and text is not in order (I use firefox).

Camera coming back today, so this weekend is in Ingemar Bergman-mode :ph34r:

Dank u wel maar vrienden!

Thank you very much my friends!

:P

How's that gallery looking in this thread for you guys?

For me it doesnt look good, picture over text and text is not in order (I use firefox).

Camera coming back today, so this weekend is in Ingemar Bergman-mode :ph34r:

Are you learning dutch? Geen dank mijn vriend! Ga zo door. Your gallery is looking good great pics.

Peace

Guest Ghost_doG

Damn that's a life i would love to live, as Dust said you seem to do good in yuor path to become a good grower, those buds look really nice!

Keep on posting always good to have new educated growers on the site. (Talking about educated grower has anyone seen Markus recently?)

Peace!