250w MH/HPS autoflowering

teap0t

Hi guys,

finally got the guts (lets call it guts, but actually its the matter of being lazy) to post up my current grow.. can't say journal because I can't really say much about the start but I'll get to that :D

so a brief introduction & about the start,

I'm growin in quite a limited space - a growtent 60x60x140cm with 250w MH/HPS lights. Currently its still runnin MH, but I somehow like to keep MH longer(as my babies are showing some pretty nice lookin flowers), and I'm growin autoflowers indoor for first time ever :) I would call it a quick smoke for arround xmas :D Also to tell the truth I like mixing with strains and looking for the perfect one for growing and smoking of course

back to the point.. the seeds I got from a guy who claimed they're his crossing of auto white widdow x auto g13 hashplant :unsure: the seeds I got in spring already but as it was quite a shitty weather for outdoors where I am living this was the first summer I skipped...since I started growing 2008 . :) and I still had 14 seeds..

I put 9 seeds in small pots of soil and the germ rate was 100% all 9 were out! unfortunatelly 4 joined the male team. by the time they showd sex I had transplanted all 9 of them into 2 x 11,5 l pots with regular soil bought in the gardening section with some perlite in it. so 4 had to go, and now there are 3 in one pot and 2 in second :)

I can't really say nothing more about the start of the grow.. there have been some busy times (lazy ofcourse), and I didnt realize that since there are no pics, I don't have also any way to remember when I put them into the ground :resent: it was arround start of oct

grow area:

dark_room_60.jpg

Fans: S&P Silentub 100m31.jpg intake and extracteur-axial-sp-td-160-diam-100-mm-190-m3-h.jpg this one I have for air blowin out. Carbon filter is at the end.

so thats about it of the setup..

Fertilzers which I use most:

Biocanna Rhyzotonic, Vega, Flores, Bioboost, then theres PK 13/14 from HESI and ATAzyme. all the time I had been using syringe for the amount of nutes im giving x liters of water, but the last couple of times I have just been adding it a few drops as much as I feel is necessary (or just lazy again to find the damn syringe)

about other measurements such as the water I cant say much too, I have been using only ph meter since started, but that old device is not calibrated for years and would not show the correct value for sure. but since for the riskyest part which in my point of view is the start of growth im using only organic ferts I guess it is less likely to go wrong this way. point nr 2 is that on the back of biocanna it is written that any manual ph adjustment is not advised while using it, so I trust them :D

thats about it..and the pictures.. :preved:

you should up it to a 400wtt or 600watt with an aircooled reflector. This way you get more buds in less space and the heat is taken care of with the air cooled reflector. Or you can get a 400wtt hps and a full spectrum 90wtt UFO LED, Then you will get some kick ass buds. Forget about the 250 not worth it.

wow first of all thanks for cheking by, greetings to u all :)

Looking yummy :)

You harvested any auto's yet ?

Till now I have grown autos only outdoors, harvested all of them :D where I am living photoperiods simply cant finish flowering outdoors...

Looks like a solid setup. You should be able to pull some nice weed with that.

Let us know how it all turns out?

Good luck with the autos. They usually loves LST ;)

hey man thanks :) about LST to tell the truth I have heard otherwise that as they're flowering since planted - the stress they would not appreciate that much as a photoperiod plant.. on the other hand you really got me thinking... there is another story of my past growing which I cannot really explain - I was growing two girls of amnesia lemon strain.. both were planted in 5th of March two years ago, but one of them was growin significantly faster than the other.. while lights were still 18/6 the most mature one started showin some heavy signs of flowering while the other just stretched and stretched..

so she got maximum amount of light while flowering...

the first one I chopped down arround june.. second one at the end of august :) I don't have the pictures on my pc anymore, however I found that I have saved them on 420 where I have been storing pics of my grows for almost 3y :)

in the pictures the date is 13th of May 2010

P5030102.JPG and P5030101.JPG

so I really am starting to believe that the one on the bottom might have had some auto gene in it... also the harvest was tops only with 8 leaves :D

you should up it to a 400wtt or 600watt with an aircooled reflector. This way you get more buds in less space and the heat is taken care of with the air cooled reflector. Or you can get a 400wtt hps and a full spectrum 90wtt UFO LED, Then you will get some kick ass buds. Forget about the 250 not worth it.

yeah, I have been thinking that 250w is out of this century :) I have been looking up some grows and tests with leds though... have calculated how much they would cost me too :D probably santa could remember me this xmas :D but Its really not in the plans right now. I am planning to change my flat in one month and It will be pretty damn hard to figure out how to safely get these babies moving..

about the lights: I think It would be a better (and cheaper) way to change the whole light source to 2 led panels instead of upgrading to 400/600w (ballast n bulbs) + cooltube its something already equal to1 led panel in costs :) second issue to this is electricity which is not getting any cheaper and with leds only it should be smoother when seeing the monthly check. and my final argument why am I sticking still to this damn old rusty 250w is because when I started growin I remember reading somewhere that its not about watts then it is lumen and the amount of lumen was somehow divided with growspace.. and I remember that I was doing the efin maths (which I have never been good at :D ) so I got that my 60x60cm space is just ~0,504m2 (1/2m2) & the specifications of 250w bulbs were MH=33k & HPS=27k... well to tell the truth I dont know what I got at the end, but the result was OK :D and it has been running fine on me, till now I have changed just the intake fan, and the one which is the regular tablefan got its movement and its leg broke, so it is mcgyvered upside down with my GFs bra rubberband :D :Dactually you can see it in the last pic

totally I have grown something like 7 or more cycles with this setup. so far so good, but I agree wit u that it is time for changes... :)

Well, this way i can say go 1000w since 400(especially this one) or 600 are for loosers. Same if u earn 80k per year, go for 160k. It's not the point. As long as u got fun with your gear, learning something and breaking new records is ok. I saw 600w grows witch was, how to say... not worth it. Wasted time, wasted cash for electricity bills since they hear greate advices like that and jumped on heavy water when they can't swimm actually. I got a lot o fun with 250w and for sure will continue it since it's got some limits, and i like to breake them. With some scorg he can get easy 200g up to 250 or so, and for your own use is quite ok. Small is beautyfoul... Well sometimes, since i got 600. eheheh

@ teap0t

7 cycles quite long mate, i hope u changed the bulb after 3 or so grows for new one ?

misskittyycat dont bullshit ok! 400 or 600W in dr60? Are you serious?!? He can pull up to 200grams with his setup so whats not good here? And bellive me iv seen great buds under 250W in the same box!

Btw good luck with the grow dude;) , i wish you the best :)

Well, this way i can say go 1000w since 400(especially this one) or 600 are for loosers. Same if u earn 80k per year, go for 160k. It's not the point. As long as u got fun with your gear, learning something and breaking new records is ok. I saw 600w grows witch was, how to say... not worth it. Wasted time, wasted cash for electricity bills since they hear greate advices like that and jumped on heavy water when they can't swimm actually. I got a lot o fun with 250w and for sure will continue it since it's got some limits, and i like to breake them. With some scorg he can get easy 200g up to 250 or so, and for your own use is quite ok. Small is beautyfoul... Well sometimes, since i got 600. eheheh

@ teap0t

7 cycles quite long mate, i hope u changed the bulb after 3 or so grows for new one ?

I kinda hoped noone would ask have i changed them... :) to tell the truth i haven't.. i've been thinking about new gear for some time already.. but thats how life goes :) lets say there have been some obstacles getting it

Bulb is not much and u loosing lums and all. :]

probably thats why I will be sticking with the MH light longer for these girls.. as within flowering time for sure the HPS bulb has been used longer then MH in the past

either way, thanks for the tip elektro. hopefully ill get to upgrade my setup soon. meanwhile need to concentrate more on work, smoke less & save some $ for the gear :D

small update of the growroom:

I have bent some of the branches in one pot with al wires. tmrrow (today already) will have some more time to make some new pics and also upload them here :) (I took some also yesterday, managed to upload from cam to pc already, but was too tired & fell asleep shortly after :D )

so, to be continued in the evening... :)

so, to be continued in the evening... :)

ah the weekend was wild :D

so as promised here are the recent updates of the babes..

unfortunately im startin to think this will be my smallest harvest ever :( I believe more soil would have played bigger role on the height of the girls.. but anyway.. the flowers are startin to develop real nice.. and the smell, so nicely smelling indica, it just doesnt leave my nose :D

31-10

med_gallery_17275_574_436689.jpg

med_gallery_17275_574_1165407.jpg

and 05-11

med_gallery_17275_574_745397.jpg

med_gallery_17275_574_1347121.jpg

• Like 1

definitely more soil... I guess I simply didnt notice that after few first times of giving them water, it would deflate that much.

and I guess, it would not change much if to add it now... if they were photoperiod and still in growth then maybe..

any ideas on this ? as I mentioned before this is my first time with indoor auto girls :)

• 2 weeks later...

@ Tokage

yeah I'm thinking the same thing. Only the idea was to add soil from below. not over the stem. Anyway I believe its too late for that already :)

Sorry for being absent for quite a while the thing is the laptop im sharing with my GF and she's been using it for work quite alot recently so I havent had chance to upload the pics... I still have em tho to overview the progress.I think the girls will be ready in 2 or 3 weeks at most :)

and the pics

9Nov

med_gallery_17275_574_347357.jpg

med_gallery_17275_574_581939.jpg

12Nov

med_gallery_17275_574_581939.jpg

med_gallery_17275_574_48534.jpg

med_gallery_17275_574_693063.jpg

med_gallery_17275_574_890515.jpg

med_gallery_17275_574_767219.jpg

15Nov sleeping at night

med_gallery_17275_574_126646.jpg